Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it under consideration at another journal (if needed, you may provide an explanation in Comments to the Editor)
- The file to be submitted is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, PDF, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is fully anonymized and adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements for submitted manuscripts (as outlined in the Author Guidelines). Please ensure that you have removed any personal information from the file properties before submitting it.
- The text is double-spaced, uses a 12-point font, employs italics rather than underlining (except with URL addresses), and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed at the appropriate points within the text rather than at the end of the document.
- I am aware of and agree with the publication of my article being licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License -NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0).
Open Access Policy
JSS provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. Articles in this journal are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
JSS will track the number of registered users but submitted names and email addresses will not be used for any other purpose and will not be made available to any other party.